Sign in to follow this  
Suzy32

Where should I stop on the way to Perth

Im going to visit my daughter in Perth at the end of the year but still not booked flights. My husband and I visit her every 2 years but have never stopped off on the way. We were thinking maybe Singapore but I'm not sure. My husband does not fancy dubai. Can anyone tell me what they think of Singapore or anywhere else worth stopping? Thanks. Suzy. 

Hi Suzy, I personally love Dubai but realise it is not to everyone's taste! I have stopped in Dubai twice on my way to Australia as I was flying with Emirates. Singapore is a great place with lots to do and perfect for something like a 3 day stop over. 

It might be worth checking out some flights and comparing the prices & routes. This might give you some inspiration and be the most cost effective way too. I do think it's a great idea to stop over, as it does not cost any extra and gives you the chance to see somewhere you might not ordinarily visit. Let me know how you get on with this and if you have made a decision! 

I stayed in Singapore on the way to visit my daughter who lived in Sydney. I had never been to Asia before so didn't know what to expect but we loved it. We went in January and it was very very humid but we still had a great time. There are lots of beautiful hotels and it is one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to. We were there for 3 nights and although it was enough time to do everything we wanted we could have stayed longer. The food and drinks were great.

Edited by Maureen

Thank you for the advice. It seems like Singapore is our best option just now. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time there because I am not sure what to expect from it. It will be very different from where my husband and I usually holiday in Perth and Spain. We are still trying to find the best flights to get us there and will hopefully be booked asap.

Suzy32 i have never been to Australia but Singapore is a lovely place. I don't know what time of year you are visiting but it can be very hot so i do hope you enjoy the warmer weather. I am sure you wil be used to this from holidaying in perth. If you go then have a cocktail at the Raffles hotel it is such a beautiful hotel. Would love to stay here one day but it is a bit out of our budget!

Edited by Sam the Sailor

You can fly via the USA and stop in LA which I think would be pretty great. Not sure if this is a pricier option, I know Air New Zealand fly this way. Something a bit different from the usual Middle East/Asia stop overs!

Hi Suzy i stayed in Singapore last year. Did a few nights there, and few at Sentosa Island. Beautiful place i would highly recommend. Something a bit different i would suggest depending on the time of year is a short cruise. Mariner of the Seas do 4 and 5 night cruises from Singapore visiting Penang, Langkawi and normally another port. Its a great way to see lots of this stunning area and totally chill :D

Jackie I had never heard of Sentosa island i googled this and it looks wonderful. Not sure we would have time to cruise unfortunately but this is something to consider as we visit our daughter every few years. Maybe next time. Thank you. Suzy.