Morag@BarrheadTravel

Favourite family cruise line?

I'm interested in feedback on this. My kids are a bit older now so the traditional kids club and activities for little ones doesn't really hold their interest any more. Be keen to hear people's recommendations for families with teenagers. 

19 hours ago, WanderWoman said:

I'm interested in feedback on this. My kids are a bit older now so the traditional kids club and activities for little ones doesn't really hold their interest any more. Be keen to hear people's recommendations for families with teenagers. 

I don't have teenagers so can't personally vouch but MSC looks like they would be a good option. I think there's a wrist band where parents can top it up themselves and set a budget. Some of the spas also have a teenage spa menu. Royal Caribbean would be a good option for active and energetic teens. 

@WanderWoman NCL are great for families and kids, but I would recommend Royal Caribbean if your kids are a little older - they are a great all rounder! Plenty to keep them entertained without feeling like the cruise is just catered for children. 

I don't know how old your kids are, but Royal Caribbean ships offer things like a surf simulator, zip lining, teen parties and a dedicated teen lounge so they don't have to be seen with mum and dad! 

On 7/20/2017 at 15:14, Correne@BarrheadTravel said:

@WanderWoman NCL are great for families and kids, but I would recommend Royal Caribbean if your kids are a little older - they are a great all rounder! Plenty to keep them entertained without feeling like the cruise is just catered for children. 

I don't know how old your kids are, but Royal Caribbean ships offer things like a surf simulator, zip lining, teen parties and a dedicated teen lounge so they don't have to be seen with mum and dad! 

This is exactly what I'm after! I've heard great reports from friends about Royal Caribbean too. We'll have a look tonight and if it all ties up, I'll hopefully get booked up over the weekend for 2018. :) 

Thanks for the tips. 

Hi I am interested in this too. I have small children 7, 5 and 2 but I would love to take them on a cruise. The Disney cruise line looks amazing but always comes up really expensive. What would people suggest for a family friendly cruise?

NCL, RCCL and Disney are fantastic for familys. I have a 14yr old who loves cruising. She has been on NCL, MSC, RCCL and Celebrity. Every ship has loads for them to do, but in all honesty, if you asked which she preferred, she would answer NCL. They have excellent teen clubs, their own club area , they dine out, party all night and you have to drag them out at 2am to get them to bed lol. They have XBox/WII nights, Karaoke, Quizzes, Movie nights, and lots of other organised stuff, and a chill zone they can just hang out in. Any questions i can get her to answer for you, just let me know:)

On 8/1/2017 at 15:41, MrsSmith said:

Hi I am interested in this too. I have small children 7, 5 and 2 but I would love to take them on a cruise. The Disney cruise line looks amazing but always comes up really expensive. What would people suggest for a family friendly cruise?

Disney have some great options next year sailing ex UK. Prices are fab!! A few of the staff where on Disney a few weeks ago, Have you checked their reviews out? 

Love Celebrity, but the best one we have been on is Crystal Symphony, oh my word, the food and the service are wonderful, loads of Americans on the ship, met a load of really nice people