Sign in to follow this  
Morag@BarrheadTravel

Game of Thrones - Blessing and a Curse for Croatia

I went just before Game of Thrones became big and it was lovely and cheap. I've heard the price has went up in price because it can now that fans are flocking there. I have a few friends who went because of Game of Thrones and they loved looking at the filming locations. I can see why it is both a blessing and a curse but I'd probably still go back. 

Edited by Amy0422

I went to Croatia as well before it was famous. Beautiful country but I can imagine there being a lot of crowds these days. But that is what happens to all destinations when they become popular, I don't think crowds are necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't put me off going somewhere. 

There's so much more to the country than just Game of Thrones landmarks!

I visited last August and discovered areas I had never even heard of before in Croatia. I went on a

https://whereaboutsholidays.com/microadventures/microadventures-croatia/dubrovnik-island-multisportmicroadventure 

and had a quality time. We mainly did water activities like kayaking and swimming - the oceans were incredible. Would highly recommend to anybody thinking of visiting the country.