Sign in to follow this  
Morag@BarrheadTravel

Multi-Generational Holidays

Has anyone been on a multi-generational holiday that includes multiple family members such as children, grandchildren and grandparents?

I've been away with both my parents as an adult, and consider them good travel buddies. I don't personally have children and my gran wasn't really a traveller. Would be interesting to hear other people's opinions. 

I've travelled lots with my in-laws and my mum, though only since having my kids. 

I had my first multi-generational holiday when my youngest was just 1 year old and I was pregnant with my youngest son. It was great having extra hands to help out as a new mum and to alleviate any concerns I had about safety around the pool, keeping the wee one hydrated in the heat etc. 

Large All-inclusive resorts are a good shout for travelling with younglings and older generations. There's usually something for everyone, a good choice of restaurants, and it means you don't get cabin fever being in such close proximity to each other. Villas are a no-no for me with all the family. I like my space! 

Our biggest problem on multi-generational hols is keeping Grandad and his bad hip off of the Aqua Park water slides with the kids! <3 

@Marty Marshmallow

I've not been on a family holiday in many years, but would definitely consider it.

My parents love travel as much as I do, but they prefer something a little slower these days. Like you Morag,

I have no living grandparents and no children of my own so don't know about multi-generational.