jaksienna

Winter sun

hey, 

I'm looking for a bit of winter sun advice. I will be taking a trip in January for a week but not 100% on where to go that will fit all of the family. We will be travelling with my parents who are in their 70's my partner's parents who are also in their 70's, myself and my partner in our 30's, my son who is 7 along with my niece and her friend who will be 15. We want to make sure we have somewhere that is warm at that time of year, not too lively for my parents but also not too quiet for my son and niece. 

Anyone any ideas of somewhere that would tick all of the boxes?

Jak

Hi Jak! Have you thought about Ras al Khaimah? You've got amazing weather with some beautiful all-inclusive resorts. As you are 45 minutes outside of Dubai, it means you have the option to venture into the city to explore or chill out by the beach at your hotel. The hotels there also have really great facilities catering to all age groups.

Or, if that is just a little too far, what about Lanzarote or Tenerife? You will have warm weather plus there are so many resorts to choose from, there will definitely be something to keep everyone happy :) 

Wow that's quite an age range you have travelling. If it were me I would be looking at as short a flight time as possible as well as getting far away enough to find the sun. For me that would mean a canary island destination or a North African country such as Morocco. Both have something to offer but maybe the canaries would better suit the youngsters and keep them better entertained as Morocco tended to be pool based with occasional trips off site to visit  souks and the Atlas mountains. I visited Marrakech during the summer of last year and found the heat very oppressive but by Jan it should be cool enough for the whole group to enjoy, and a very friendly people too. 

For Tenerife,  The Melia Jardines del Teide would be a great choice but its just a suggestion based on my own experience although neighbouring islands of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are also a pleasure to explore.

Good luck !!

hi @Stockport traveller we have have been to Tenerife a few times so looking for somewhere else, possibly looking at Lanzarote as weve had quite a few goof recommendations. 

Can you suggest any good all rounder hotels for Lanzarote?

Jak