Sign in to follow this  
Gill

NCL-NORWEGIAN STAR CHANGES TO SHIP

Hi everyone, 

My children (aged 9 & 8.)and I are booked to go on a Mediterranean Cruise with NCL on the Norwegian Star at the end of this month.  I received an email from them a few weeks ago advising me of their changes to the ship i.e. removal of the slides at the pool and how they have upgraded to a wonderful adult only area. They were very boastful about how wonderful this is and how it will enhance the experience for all their guests. 

I feel that this is wonderful if your an adult but if your a family with children, this was the main feature on the ship that was of interest to my kids.  If I had known such renovations were taking place I would not have booked this ship but they failed to disclose it at time of booking or before I paid my holiday in full.

NCL are claiming this is a minor change (not to me it’s not) and therefore I am not entitled to any change of holiday or refund etc. This is a major change for any family with young kids travelling on this ship and it seems to me that they wish to cater more for adults only and not families. 

This is our first time cruising and I’m put off before I’ve even had a chance to go! 

Anyone else ever been on this ship? What other facilities are there for children to enjoy with their parent, I’m not into putting my kids into clubs, we like to spend our time together and the kids clubs are usually pretty rubbish for their age group. 

Also anyne ever experienced such changes without prior notice? If so where did you stand? 

Thanks

Gill